The St. Cecilia Congregation was founded in 1860 when four Dominican sisters from Ohio came to Nashville to open St. Cecilia Academy as a boarding school for young women. They opened Overbrook School in 1936. They preside over all three schools – Overbrook, St. Cecilia and Aquinas College – of The Dominican Campus.
Since coming to Nashville in 1860, the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia Congregation have fulfilled their vocational mission of education, leading students to a deeper knowledge of their faith, their heritage, and their responsibilities as members of society. The Dominican Sisters live by the four pillars of the Dominican charism: prayer, study, community and preaching.
To learn more about the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia, please visit their website.