All parents at Overbrook Catholic School are members of the OCS Parents Association. The purpose of the association is to foster community among students, faculty, and parents, and to coordinate specific fundraising events for the school.
The association's responsibilities include:
- hosting specific special fundraising events for the benefit of Overbrook Catholic School
- providing an opportunity for parents to become more involved in school
- providing opportunities for parents to socialize with one another
- providing tuition assistance
- supporting teachers and staff with continuing education opportunities
Raising Funds to Better Our School
Typically, the Association hosts two major fundraisers - the Overbrook Basketball Classic and an annual Auction and Dinner. Funds raised by the OCS Parent Association support tuition assistance, capital improvements and other special projects.
The OCS Parents Association helps with events such as Advent Mass, Field Day and the spring musical. Volunteers coordinate dinners for families who have just had a baby, a hospital stay or other life-changing events. The association organizes a parent education lecture series, supports the athletic department and more.
The Executive Council
The OCS Parents Association is guided by the Executive Council and the principal of Overbrook Catholic School. The council is made up of 10-15% of currently enrolled families. Executive Council members serve a three-year term and are required to take an active role in the fundraising projects, assist in programs and approve the use of funds.
Want to get involved?