PT/ FT: Full Time (12 month)
School: Overbrook School, Nashville, TN
A Catholic independent, co-educational school, Overbrook School educates children in the Dominican Tradition of Catholic Liberal Education. Founded in 1936 by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation, Overbrook encourages love of God, academic excellence, creativity, and the development of servant leadership within each student. The school, located on the Dominican Campus at 4210 Harding Pike, is also home to St. Cecilia Academy High School and Aquinas College.
The Director of Communications and Marketing works closely with the advancement team and is responsible for developing and managing internal and external communication and marketing for Overbrook School. Informed by the mission and vision of Overbrook School and in close collaboration with the principal and the Director of Admissions, an integrated communications and marketing plan is created and implemented that supports the work of all areas of school life. The Director compiles and studies all relevant school data to ensure that data is accurately gathered and utilized by the school to make data-driven strategic decisions for communication and marketing.
The Director of Marketing and Communications works with the advancement team to ensure the visibility and awareness of Overbrook School among current constituents and populations less familiar with the school, and coordinates a brand management and communications plan that is consistent, of the highest quality, and reflects the Catholic, Dominican mission of Overbrook School.
- Create and implement a communications and marketing plan across all media integrated with the enrollment plan that reflects Overbrook School’s mission and vision
- Set and regularly monitor annual and long-term strategic goals in collaboration with the principal and the advancement team
- Initiate and oversee data gathering and analytics to maximize strategic and thoughtful communications and marketing decisions
- Provide recommendations and counsel to the principal and pertinent staff on all communication, marketing/advertising, media, public relations issues, and crisis communications
- Manage the communications and marketing budget
- Regularly monitor happenings within the school, seeking out stories to tell and news to share; collaborate to determine most effective medium for communication of the message
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the Catholic mission and values of Overbrook School
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field with at least three years of marketing experience in a K-12 school setting is preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills
- High level of professionalism, and excellent collaborative skills with personal initiative, flexibility, and strong work ethic
- Experience with creating written story and press release, branding, media, website design, social media techniques, digital and print materials, and video with editing is preferred.
- Goal and deadline-oriented, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- An appreciation of the importance of development and admissions in a private school
- An ability to attend periodic events outside of school hours
Contact: Sister Marie Blanchette, O.P.
4210 Harding Pike
Nashville, TN 37205